Thursday, May 10, 2012

9 Years

I don't typically like to get too sappy on my blog. Ricky knows exactly how I feel about him, and how much I love him, and I don't necessarily feel that I need to post it on my blog.  I decided though that I'm making an exception because today is our nine year wedding anniversary!  I started to think about it a little more and realized the whole purpose of my blog is to use it as my journal... a way for us, mostly the boys, to remember life during these times.  I think it's important for the boys to know how I feel about their daddy.

I didn't think I could ever marry anyone who I had dated for less than a year.  Little did I know, I would fall in love with Ricky very quickly.  We dated for less than five months before we were engaged and then we were married less than five months later.  We were inseparable for the first couple of months.  Every waking hour, outside of school and work, was spent together.  I quickly realized how intelligent, patient, kind, funny, loving, forgiving, accepting and amazing he really was.  His beautiful blue eyes were also quite captivating. (smile.) It took just a couple of months before I knew that he is who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.


Our wedding day was a special, amazing and beautiful day that I will never forget. It was everything we wanted.  I won't pretend that the last nine years have been a walk in the park but I wouldn't change them for anything.  I love Ricky so much.  He is my best friend. My support. My comfort.  He makes me laugh and smile. He's my favorite travel parter.  He's a great daddy.  He's a hard worker.  He is tender yet so strong.  He's a great example to our boys.  He is my love.


I am very grateful for him.  I'm grateful for how he treats me and for the relationship that we have.  We are blessed to be able to spend as much time together as we do.  We're quite lucky that way.  I think some relationships couldn't manage that but we do and it's wonderful.  We have so many plans for the future and I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together.  Happy anniversary, love!
The night he proposed. 
 Our Engagement pictures on our wedding invitations. 
 Our Wedding day. 
 On our honeymoon in Maui. 


1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Happy Anniversary. It was a good year to get married. (;