Sunday, January 17, 2016

Here's to a Fantastic 2016

I'm expecting 2016 to be a better year than we had in 2015. We have been in our home almost a year, our front yard is in. Our back yard is coming along. I've gotten more settled in with my job managing the recruiters for Financial Solutions Advisors and although I am now in an office, I am at least settled without that hanging over my head.  The boys are halfway through the school year and both are doing well. Most of last year I wasn't playing tennis because of my ankle injury and just didn't make it a priority when I was cleared to play. I've joined a 4.0 women's team and excited to play again. It gives me a way to see my friends, get exercise, and get stress relief through competitive play.

We started the first couple weeks of January with lots of fun activities, including another trip to the movies to see Star Wars, a Lincoln/Daddy date night and a Logan/Mommy date. Logan also was asked to give a talk a church and I played the lotto for the second time in my life. So far so good.


 Lincoln and Ricky went to the Coyotes NHL hockey game. It was the first time to a hockey game for Lincoln and he loved it.  He texted me the picture of him eating nachos and told Ricky he was in "nacho heaven!"  I love that they get to bond and have time together. 
 Logan and Mommy had a great date night of our own. We had dinner at Pei Wei, ran a few errands including selling his little Buzz Lightyear toddler scooter, got him a new art kit and played some games at Peter Piper Pizza. 
 Super cute and studly in his church attire. All ready to give his talk. 
The largest jackpot his Powerball history happened last week.  It was a 1.5 billion dollar prize.  I have only ever played once before but who wants to miss the opportunity for that kind of money. So, I played $10 and won back $7 by matching 3 out of the 6 numbers. Not a bad risk in my opinion but it's not something I will be playing weekly. 

No comments: