Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Merry Christmas!

The boys got to open a present on Christmas Eve, which was conveniently their Elfie themed pjs. Lincoln realized it was Elfie's last night with us and I found him crying and talking to Elfie, asking him to stay. Ricky talked with Lincoln about it and agreed that we would text Santa to see if Elfie could stay with us on Christmas Day to watch him open presents. It seemed to appease Lincoln when Santa texted back yes, that Elfie could stay. 

Christmas morning was almost perfect. The boys slept in until about 7:30 am. It took us about a hour and a half to get through opening presents and the boys didn't fight once. They were genuinely happy for each other and for the toys they got. One of my favorite things as a mom is watching the joy and excitement from my kids on Christmas morning. It's wonderful. The reason I say it wasn't perfect is because poor Logan, who rarely is sick, had tummy pains all morning. We had to take a few breaks to let him rest, he thought he was going to throw up and several potty breaks. Thankfully by mid morning the pains had let up a bit and he was able to enjoy the day. 

I am so thankful for the blessings I have in my life, including my precious family, a beautiful home to live and celebrate in, for this country we live in, and most importantly for the Christ child that was born, lived, atoned for my sins and died that I might live with my family again. 
 I was made a very special present by given. He drew the art on the wrapping paper and made me a beautiful "hand" painted Christmas tree. I love it!  I will cherish it always...especially as those hands get much much bigger in the years to come.

 Christmas Eve dinner at Olive Garden. I took this picture because Logan gave Daddy a kiss, unsolicited, which is a rare occasion. 
 Their Christmas Eve present.
 They quickly changed into their pajamas. 
 Our homemade cookies for Santa.
 Ellie left the boys one last note reminding them to be good through this next year. To show love and be good helpers. 

 Lincoln read the note to Logan on Christmas morning before they opened presents. 
 Logan really wanted a scooter like brothers. Thankfully he barely made the nice list!


 Logan got a massive Lego train set. 
 Lincoln got a new iPad and some new beat headphones.
Daddy got tickets to see Adele in concert.

No comments: