Tuesday, May 5, 2009

By the way...

We're expecting a second baby!  I'm now 14 weeks along and baby seems healthy.  We've been to the doctor a couple of times and we've been able to hear the heartbeat twice.  Lincoln and the new baby will be exactly two years apart.  We are really excited that they will be close in age. 
Lincoln did the cutest thing the other day.  He is in the stage where he likes belly buttons.  So we've tried to explain to Lincoln that mommy has a baby in her tummy.  One morning after talking to him about the baby, he slightly lifted up my shirt, placed his eye on my belly button trying to see the baby.  He was a little confused as to why he couldn't see the baby.  I think he understands what we are saying - he just doesn't quite know what it all means.  He will be a great big brother!
By the way - I've been much more sick this time than I was with Lincoln.  With Lincoln I craved protein (steak, ribs, hamburgers) but this time around it's been all salt and sugar.  I know - it doesn't sound healthy but it's what I can keep down.  Maybe this drastic difference in diet means we're having a girl!?!  Well, we have to wait six more weeks to find out.  Can't wait!

6 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Congrats you guys. so glad everything is going well. Can't wait to hear what you are having. so exciting.

Heather said...

Rick and Eden,

Congratulations to you both. I hope you feel better soon, Eden. And if this baby is as cute as Lincoln, it is so worth those yucky days of pregnancy, isn't it? Take care and keep us posted.

Kim said...

Yippee!!! We are so thrilled for you guys! Hope that early pregnancy "fun" stuff ends soon. Love to all of you!

The King Family said...

YEAH! We were 14 weeks when we found out, so I was totally excited to skip my first trimester! Congratulations- with a kid as cute as Lincoln, you just HAVE to have more! We love & miss you guys!

King Klan said...

Yeah congrates we are excitied for you guys

Teri said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS! I'm sure your latest addition will be just as adorable as Lincoln. Wonder if it will be pink or blue? :)