Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Over the weekend we took Lincoln to a pumpkin patch for the first time. It was more than just a place to pick out pumpkins. They had a corn maze, train ride, petting zoo, roaming chickens, a bounce house, and big boxes with dried corn for the kids to play in. Lincoln loved it! Ricky and I had a good time too. None of us had ever been in a corn maze before so that was my favorite part. They called it a mini maze because it only took about five minutes for us to get through it. There was a full size maze that would take approximately 45 minutes but the only thing I could think about was, one - walking for 45 minutes would probably send me into labor and two - it would be my luck that I would go into labor and be lost in the maze and nobody would find me...so we stuck to the mini maze this time. Lincoln ran down the paths as fast as he could and we let him choose which way to go. He's like his daddy - blessed when it comes to always knowing directions! The boys actually went through it a couple of times while I watched the animals and took pictures. On our way out Lincoln picked out another pumpkin (his name is also Happy - see previous post for details on Happy) but this time it was smaller so it's baby Happy. I think a visit to the pumpkin patch will be an ongoing annual tradition or us. It was a great way to get in the fall harvest holiday mood.

I think I liked the animals more than Lincoln. They only held his attention for a few seconds.

Lincoln loves tractors - old or new, big or small, he loves them all.
Mini Corn Maze
I could barely get him to slow down long enough for me to take a picture.

I thought this corn box was a really cute and clever idea. So much easier to get corn out of your shoe than sand.
Daddy was a good sport and took Lincoln on the make shift train ride since he was to small to ride alone.
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Vance will be your tractor buddy, Lincoln- he loves them, too! Happy Halloween!

Ligia said...

Hey there, don't know if you got my last comment but I would love to stop by and visit you guys. Your little Lincoln is darling. Send me your number so I can call you up. You can email it to me if you want: Ligia81@aol.com.