Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cake Decorating

I've always wanted to learn to decorate cakes. I've been making chocolate covered candy for years but wanted to expand my skills. Knowing that I have a love for candy making, cake decorating, etc, for the last couple of years Ricky has told me on several occasions that I should go take classes. I don't know why I never did but a couple months ago I saw that Wilton was offering classes. I mentioned it to Ricky and him being such a supportive husband said that I should go take the classes and that he would stay with the boys. He encouraged me to go get all my supplies and sign up immediately. So I did. I've learned so much and have so much fun doing it! Some of the cakes didn't turn out exactly how I wanted them to because we decorate them in class and sometimes we would run out of time. You can definitely see how each one gets a little better. I still have a long way to go but I'm learning with each one. I'm thankful that Ricky is supportive and let's me pursue this for fun.

First Cake
Ricky's Birthday
First Time doing roses.
First cake using royal icing flowers - I really like using royal icing. The basket weave was easier than I thought it would be. This is my favorite one!

3 comments:

The King Family said...

Those look great- where were you when I tried to do AJ's 1 year monkey cake?! What a fun talent to develop...

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I need to order a cake. do you ship to Tucson?

Ligia said...

Cute! You should show me. I'd love to learn. :o)