Thursday, February 18, 2010

Really? Seriously? Are You Kidding Me?!? - Part 2

So it only gets worse. Not to complain but I write this in the hope that when I look back years from now that I will be able to laugh at how ridiculous this rut of back luck is. Here is a quick update...we just found out over the weekend that the landscaping company that Fulton Homes contracted with to fix our first sink hole did a terrible job. Without compacting the soil first, they filled in the hole with a quicksand like material. It looks really bad. The bigger issue in all of this is that they actually broke a water pipe for our drip system. Our plants and trees were starting to look brown. When Ricky went to the side of the house (right where the first sink hole was) he noticed that the water valve had been shut off and the pipe had been busted. We escalated the issue to the Director of Customer Service at Fulton Homes and needless to say we got the dumbest response ever. He didn't even address the issue! The battle continues.

Secondly, over the weekend my crown from a tooth in the back of my mouth fell out. I couldn't believe it. Of course it happened on a weekend and Monday was a holiday. Luckily there are like six dentists at church so I was able to get connected up with one. I was excited to know that he was open on Monday so I made an appointment. I was thinking he was just going to re-cement the old one in but not so lucky. He showed me where the crown had been made wrong and it didn't have the proper fit which is why it came off in the first place. So, I sat in the dentist chair for the next two plus hours getting a new crown.

Good news...the Olympics are on and I love the Olympics. Lincoln gets really excited when he sees someone doing a "BIIIIIGGGG JUMP" an he makes sure we know it. We've been talking about routing for team USA. Earlier tonight when I asked him where we lived he said America. It was so cute. See...good things can come from watching TV!

No comments: