Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today at church one of the speakers talked on Joy. She said that we should find Joy in being a mother. I have to admit that being a working mother of a energetic two year old and a teething six month old, sometimes it's hard to find the joy in being a mother.

I must say though that there moments that I get to experience as a mom that bring me joy. Like when I'm holding Logan and he stretches his hand in the air, closely watching it, and he discovers that he is making his hand open and close. When he simply looks into my eyes and touches my face with his hand and then flashes me the cutest ear to ear grin.

I was so excited and proud a few weeks ago as Lincoln, out of nowhere, began singing his ABC's and got through the entire song only missing the letter "K." Yesterday he sang the entire first verse of "I Love to See the Temple." Those are moments as a mom that I will cherish.

I am grateful for the blessing to be a wife and mother. My goal will be to find joy in motherhood more often.

Happy Mother's Day!

This is what Lincoln made in nursery for me today. I loved that he picked the black, white and red buttons all on his own.

No comments: