Saturday, November 20, 2010

California Trip - Day 6

Friday was a pretty packed day. Logan and I met my friends, Kim and Laura, for lunch at our favorite hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. It's been a long time since I've had a chance to sit and catch up with them so it was so nice to see them. They had never met Logan before so it was fun for me to have him with me. As always, lunch was Yummy!
While I was at lunch Lincoln was having an afternoon out with Daddy. They went to the Brea Edwards theater and watched the new Megaminds movie in 3D. It was a little hard for Lincoln to get through given that it was during his nap time but they made it through.

They boys spent the afternoon playing at the Rizzo's while I spent the later part of the afternoon getting my hair done. After a lot of thought, hesitation and anxiety, I cut off more than 15 inches of my hair! I will be donating it to Locks of Love which makes me feel a little better about chopping that much hair off. I needed a change - and I got one!  After telling Amanda what I wanted to do (just explaining - no pictures) and getting her opinion, she immediately started cutting.  I squealed a little because I thought we would have more dialogue before she cut it.  She told me that she thought it would be cute and didn't want me to talk myself out of it. This will take some getting used to. I anticipate growing it out again at some point.  I can't believe how much lighter it is. I'm glad I did it - I like it and think it turned out cute. 


We were supposed to end the evening with dinner with Calee, Tevye and his family.  Unfortunately, Calee got sick and the plans didn't work out.  We were able to stop by Calee and Tony's place so we could take a quick tour of their new apartment.  It's a nice place and it was fun to see it.  We wished she was feeling better so we could have hung out more but things happen that we don't plan for. Of course, she started feeling better the day after we left. 

Laura and Kim at El Pueblito's in Yorba Linda
Megamind 
Before
I was pretty sure that I would cut quite a bit so I had Ricky take before pictures.  I figured that would also mentally help prepare me for actually going through with it. 
Then it happened...
 After 3.5 hours and over 15 inches later I have this cute new hairdo...
and color...

and sass to go along with it...
 It's been a fun and needed change. 
I mailed off my hair to locks of love and got this cute little certificate back. It was really touching and it's nice to know that my hair will help a child somewhere...maybe two of them! 

7 comments:

Kim said...

Love the new haircut!!! It looks great! And you hair looks so shiny. Beautiful!

Freckles Phillips said...

Oh my gosh i love your new do!! It looks super shiny and healthy and such a good shape. Makes me want to cut mine! Way to go!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Wow!!! That looks amazing. Your hair looks good no matter what you do. So jealous.

Ligia said...

I always feel that way about my hair when i get it cut too, but I always like how light it feels after. It really frames your face nicely. Super cute. :)

Teri said...

LOVE! The cut, the color, it's just perfect on you :)

The King Family said...

Wow Eden, you little hot mama! You look SO great. I love the new hair cut- you were so brave to let go of all that hair, but you look gorgeous no matter what! Looks like you had a fun & busy trip. Sorry we missed you, but hopefully next time!

Dangcutekids said...

Eden your new haircut totally frames your face. It's darling! So thick and healthy too. Good choice. Your trip sounds like lots of fun, and very busy too. Glad you had a great time.