Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Little Logan - 20 Months

Logan is already 20 months.  I can't believe it.  He is growing up so fast.  One of my favorite things about this last week is that I got to have a lot of one on one time with Logan without having to worry about a lot of other things, like work. He and I played a lot together, ran errands together, and had a fun time singing and talking. He is really funny but also quite stubborn.  He is super sweet and very attached to mom and dad.  He surprised me this week with his vocabulary.  He is talking in sentences using words I've never heard him say before and also using a ton of new words like...

Help with this please. Open this. Close this. Ice cream, popsicle, recycle, pancakes, hot, cold, truck, Chuggington, Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse, Bath tub, music, books, trash can, trash truck, vacuum, what, why, blanket, binky, ipad, mall, apple straws, cookie, hamburger, vanilla shake, strawberries, coke and diet coke (no he doesn't get to drink soda but he asks) and so many more...

I don't know that I've talked much about Logan's obsession with trash cans.  I don't know what it is or why he likes them SO much but he does.  He always wants to touch them, take things out to the trash or recycle can and he drags the little trash cans around the house. He climbs up on the play table to see the trash truck come twice a week. He has liked them for as long as I can remember him being able to move and reach for things.  I hope this means that he will be really clean and willing to dejunk as he gets older.  For now, we just deal with this funny random little obsession.

He also is at the "why" stage.  Any time we tell him to do something or tell him 'no' the response is always, "why?"  I didn't think that this stage came until much later but with Logan we are very much in the middle of it.  Why? Why? Why?
Logan LOVES his brother!  He is always SO excited to see him in the morning and after school.  He watches Lincoln's every move and tries really hard to interact with him.  Depending on what they are doing we can sometimes get up to five minutes with them playing together before someone is mad or hurt.  It doesn't sound like a long time but it's a definite improvement from the 30 seconds we were at.
I hope and expect that one day they will be best friends.  We tell them all the time that brothers are best friends.

Logan's stats:
Weighs 25 pounds
33 inches tall (yes - we know that he's tall for his age)

We are very grateful for our sweet little guy.  I love him more and more everyday!



No comments: