Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Meet Me in St. Louis!

I had to go to St. Louis last week for work.  I was excited to go since I had never been but I wasn't thrilled that the weather was so cold and it was forecasted to snow.  Luckily I was traveling with great co-workers/friends so we made the most of it and had a fun time.  We tried to see as much as we could in the few days that we were there - when we weren't working.
 Heather and I eating at one of the best steak houses I've ever been to.  Yummy!
The St. Louis Arch
 It was like 20 degrees and raining when were there. 
 Heather and Jennifer at the base of the arch.
 We went for a 4 minute elevator ride to the top.  You have to get in this little egg like capsule - it was not for the claustrophobic.  The door was a window so you could see out into the stairwell next to the elevator shaft. 
 I'm pretty sure it was like 4 1/2 feet tall inside the pod. 
 View looking west - downtown St. Louis.  The Cardinal's Stadium is on the left. 
View looking northwest - downtown St. Louis.  The Ram's football stadium is the white dome.

 The Mississippi River
 Heather, Me and Jennifer at the top of the arch. 
 630 feet high. 
 The view looking down the inside of the arch that doesn't have the elevator. 
This is a demo elevator egg/pod that we rode in to the top. 
 We found a local hot spot for dinner one night in downtown.  It's called Three Kings and the food was delicious!
 As part of tradition we scout out the best cupcake bakery and lucky St. Louis happens to have a Cupcake Wars winner in town - Jilly's.  We met the owner, and her two chef's that were on the show.
 Luckily for us we got there with about 10 minutes to spare before closing time.
 This is by far the best cupcake I have EVER had.  It was AMAZING.  It's the Twisted Pink Velvet. 
 You never know what you're going to find in an airport bathroom.
 We flew home first class it Jen was so excited since it was her first time flying first class.  It was a nice and comfortable ride home!
We got out of town just in time.  It snowed our last night there and a big storm was rolling in so we were glad to be heading home.  I missed my boys!

No comments: