Friday, August 24, 2012

Work Trips


The last two weeks since getting home from Idaho it's been quite hectic and busy for me. I had two back to back work trips. The first week back I spent most of the week in Orange County for a job fair I was running in Diamond Bar. I was lucky enough to slip in a lunch with my friends Laura and Kim at our favorite Mexican lunch place. We've tried to make it a habit that every time I come back to town we meet up there for lunch. As usual, it was d-e-l-i-s-h! Yummy! Yummy! It was really nice to sit and visit and catch up on everything in each others lives. I've yet to find a Mexican restaurant in Phoenix as good as the ones in Cali. 

After lunch I picked up my friend/co-worker, Heather, who flew in from Florida and we headed straight for Disneyland. Mom was kind enough to take us and sign us in.  Heather had never been to our Disneyland before so it was an extra special visit.  

We started with DCA....
Toy Story Mania
Ferris Wheel
Ariel's Journey
Soarin' Over CA
Ate dinner at the pier
Walked through Cars Land


 Heather and me in Radiator Springs
 Heather and Stanley
We loved the Cozy Cone Motel.
Disneyland...
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain
Fantasmic
Captain EO
Finding Nemo
The Castle
Shopping on Main St.
Goofy was the only character we got our picture with.

Considering we got to the park at about 5:30 and crammed as much as we could in until we left at about 1:00 am, I think we did a lot and had a blast.  So fun.  Heather and I always try to find something fun to do every time we travel together.  We were going to try and fit a few other things in over the following two days but work kept us tired and busy.  We've had a lot of great trips together and I love hanging out with her. 
Tradition: Finding winners of Cupcake Wars around the country on our trips and testing them.  This was Dots cupcakes.  They were really good (especially the Heath Bar) and I brought some home for the boys.  

I spent last week in Las Vegas. Sounds fun but it was really just work.  I got to meet my boss in person for the first time which was nice for me.  She treated me to a show so we picked La Reve.  I loved it! It's probably my favorite Cirque (although it's technically not Cirque but done by the same creator) that I've ever seen.  Most of the show incorporates a giant pool of water that sits in the middle of the circle shaped theater. A lot of the show consisted of Cirque like acts above water that would fall into or utilize the pool.  It was really neat and I would highly recommend for anyone who's in going to Vegas.  
Since you can't take pictures during the show I snapped this one quickly after it was over.

The rest of my Vegas week consisted of attending a conference, a black tie gala, two career fairs, taxi lines, and more work.  I will mention that we stayed at the Wynn which, without a doubt, has the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in.  It was big and beautiful.  The hotel is beautiful, new and clean but I didn't think there was much to do in the hotel like the other big hotels have. Everyone should stay there once though.  Having said that, it's always nice to travel on someone else's dime.  Over all it was a successful trip but I'm glad to be home.
View from my room. I wish I has one of it during the day because it was so bright, lively and relaxing.

No comments: