Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tennis Grand Slam Champion

Ricky has been very supportive of me playing tennis.  He often comes to watched my mixed doubles matches on Friday nights and I think he started to catch a little bit of the tennis bug - the itch to play.  He and I have hit around a few times but he's never taken lessons or played competitively.  We have such beautiful courts with great programs so close to our house that I figured he should take advantage of them.  I enrolled him in an adult quick start program that teaches the basics of tennis.  He was happy the one of our friends also wanted to take the classes so he enrolled and they did it together.

Luckily Ricky's back was able to handle it for the most part and didn't cause him too much pain.  I'm impressed with how quickly Ricky has been able to learn and he'll be playing in the US Open in not too long!  I'd like to see him good enough to play in mixed doubles with me.  We'll have to wait and see!
 Nice backhand shots. 

 Ricky and our friend Leo playing together. 
 Nice forehand shot. 
 I took the boys one night to the courts to watch.  They lasted just a few minutes before they were off playing and gathering stray tennis balls. 
Coach Mario running drills with the class. 

1 comment:

Dangcutekids said...

It is so cool that you and he have a sport you can play together! Can't wait to see you in a competition someday.