Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Work Trip to Pasadena

I spent several days last week in Pasadena, CA for business. I like to travel but it does add a lot of work for Ricky at home and me at work. I got to meet one of my co-workers that I've worked with for a while but have never met.  We had a successful event and a fun trip.

The first night we went to Yard House for dinner in Old Town Pasadena and went to the Ice House for a hilarious stand up comedy show.  I always enjoy a good comedy club and Ice House never disappoints.   After our job fair the next day we found a really cute champagne bar that served yummy, fun, different desserts.  It was nice to go relax and visit after our long day of work.

On Friday before our flight home, as part of tradition, we found a cupcake shop that has won cupcake wars.  We found My Sweet Cupcake Shop in South Pasadena.  They won on season one of the show.  The storefront was a little hard to find and parking was terrible.  I was also disappointed in lack-luster decor of the shop once we were inside.  I think it could've been much better. The most important thing though is how delicious their cupcakes are.  In my opinion they didn't have the best selection but the flavors I picked looked yummy so I was excited to get them home so my team of tasters (i.e Ricky and the boys) could get to tasting.  Ricky as always tastes the vanilla/vanilla.  He said it was really good.  I, as always, taste the red velvet.  It was DELISH.  One of the best I've had.  Not my favorite shop but would recommend based on taste.

 Shadonna, Me and Jennifer
 My Sweet Cupcake

Red Velvet, Vanilla, Lemon, Chocolate, Smore's, and vanilla. 

No comments: