Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

I was happy to host Thanksgiving this year. Our home isn't huge but it's big enough to have family over for a few days and to host a feast! I have a lot to be thankful for and I am very grateful for my blessings. I'm so thankful for my sweet hubby. I can go on an on and tell you all the reasons why but let's just say that he's wonderful. I'm also very grateful for my boys. Everyday isn't perfect and there's moments when I wonder how we will ever survive day to day life with two very independent thinking, smart and loud little boys but they are my heart. They really are super cute, sweet, caring and they make me laugh.  

We had some family over from both sides and the cousins loved playing with each other. Nancee and Troy brought their family up from Tucson and Grammy and Grandpa brought Talicee and a friend over from CA. It was an enjoyable day. Dinner was delish and dessert was even better. (See below picture.) We visited, played games, watched movies, went for a walk, jumped on the trampolines at Skyzone, and a few of us even got to go to turkey tennisize at our tennis courts. It was a fun and exhausting weekend. 

We also had this visitor trying to join the festivities (see picture below) and I was not excited
one bit about it.  Luckily Nancee saw him on the tile before anyone got stung.  It appears that he was brought in on the felt bottom of Logan's rain boots upon returning from his walk with Grammy.  Rick and I scoured the house with the black light and thankfully didn't find any others.  There are a ton of reasons why we love our house and living where we do but I will tell you that I am really not happy about having scorpions around.  This is the first time ever, after three years of living here, that we found one in our house. Luckily, I truly think it got brought in but still I'm not thrilled about it. 
 Lincoln made this turkey leg hat at school. 
 Logan's pilgram/indian hat. 
Logan's turkey handprint.
 On Wednesday evening we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to use up some energy.  Lincoln loves to play air hockey. 
 Sadie liked riding the rides. 
 All the cousins riding a simulation roller coaster ride together. 
 The kids helped to prep by shucking the corn on the cob. 
Grandpa seemed to enjoy the visit and he got a lot of extra sleep in. The kids loved trying to wake him up and scaring him. 
 The dinner buffet. 
 We took advantage of the beautiful fall weather and set up our dinner tables outside in the backyard. 
Michaela and Jared stopped by for an hour to eat dinner with us. 
The dessert bar.  Yummy!  I decided it would be fun to have something more than the traditional pies.   What is more fun than a chocolate fountain with three pounds of chocolate flowing through it?!  I couldn't think of anything better. We dipped apples, rice krispies, strawberries, marshmallows and bananas for dessert. 
 Erica
 Lincoln
 Sadie
 Logan
Logan and Sadie danced together. 

2 comments:

Heidi Hutchings said...

Love your cute pics of Thanksgiving except for the one with the scorpion...can't say I miss all those Arizona creatures. We had one in our new house the week we moved in and never saw another one in 10 years! We did however have a couple of large snakes on our back patio so beware : ) We sure miss the days of Thanksgiving in the backyard too!

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That was so fun to come up. Thanks for hosting again. Would love to keep that tradition up, minus the scorpion, but plus the chocolate fountain! I will have to steal some of these pictures for my blog someday.