Friday, December 28, 2012

Visit With Santa

I had good intentions of taking the boys early this year to see Santa.  I have to admit that I don't like going to the mall in December and especially waiting in line for over an hour for a two minute visit with Santa.  By the time you get to the front of the line the kids are grumpy which ruins the experience and seems to someone never be as grand as what I've planned in my head.  

Well despite my good intentions, the reality was that we didn't visit Santa until five days before Christmas.  As expected the line was well over an hour and we were committed. Luckily this year we brought a couple things for the boys to do in line to kill some time but it still was a long long wait.  The first year we lived here, we happened to be related to the local mall Santa so I was willing to splurge on the ridiculously priced Santa pictures.  This year we just snapped a couple quick shots of our own.  It sort of became a thing of principle for me...I was not going to spend $23 on a 5x7 picture that I had to wait another 30 minutes in line to pick.  When it really came down to it the boys don't care about the picture, they just wanted to talk with Santa so that's what we did. 

Logan asked for a Lego car wash and a DS (Nintendo DS) and Lincoln asked for army men and an army tank.  I wasn't quite sure what they would say when Santa asked them what they wanted because Lincoln has been saying a bunch of different things every time he's asked.  Logan just kept saying presents or toys until we taught him he could be specific.  Afterward Logan was so exited and kept telling me that he touched Santa's beard.  It's so fun and magical when they still believe!
 The ipad the the DS kept them occupied while daddy waited in line.
 They mailed some letters to Santa while we waited in line. 
Contemplating what to ask for?  Maybe.
 Just around the corner from Santa so they were trying to be extra good. 
Santa was telling them to look at the camera and don't be naughty. 
Logan just wanted to touch his belt and beard.  To him, those are the things that make the guy Santa.

No comments: