Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me

The big 3-1.  I'm officially IN my 30's.  For some reason that is a lot harder to stomach than turning 30 was.  Oh well. Such is life.  So, in my attempt to remain young, I celebrated my birthday by going to Disneyland.  Mom and I spent a day there and the highlight was a special fun dinner at Ariel's Grotto. It was SO cold though that we actually left the parks a bit early.  The entire weekend was cold - apparently record breaking cold and of course it was over my birthday.  I'm pretty sure I ended up with frost bite on my cheeks and nose - as you can see from the pictures they were super pink.
While in CA I also got my hair done, met my friend Kim for lunch (I didn't remember to get a picture with her. bummer.) and spent a night with Calee and Mom.  On my way home I stopped and spent some time with Madison, Rachel and Teri. We had a great time at lunch and riding bikes on the beach in Balboa. It was a nice weekend but I did really miss my boys and was glad to get home to see them.
Thanks to my friend, Lisa, I had some sparkly Minnie ears to wear.  
 Riding the new tire ride in Cars land. 
 Mom and I laughed so hard on this ride because it kepts throwing us all around.  I can't wait to take the boys next time we go. 
 Ariel
I don't know why I like to take pictures on yummy food but I do.  This was the appetizer plates we shared.
 I would highly recommend the tri-tip dinner.  Delish!
 Mom and Aurora - taken specifically for our new little Aurora.  
My favorite princess has always been Belle. 
 Birthday cake.  I wish I could say that the desserts were good but we were so full from dinner we didn't even eat the desserts. 
 I [heart] Pluto. 
 Mom and Calee had never been to fondue so we went to the Melting Pot in Brea for dinner. It's one of my favorites!
We had a great time with lots of laughs and some fun memories. 
Me and Madison 
 We took a break from our bikes to walk on the sand and snap a few pics. 
 These pictures don't reflect how cold it really was but we had a great time anyway.  It was so fun for me to get to spend the day with them.
Teri and Maddie. 

No comments: