Thursday, May 23, 2013

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Ricky and I made it 10 years!  Not that I ever thought we wouldn't but for it to finally arrive is pretty awesome.  Sometimes it feels like 10 years of marriage is so long ago and it's flown by so fast that it's hard to believe we've been together that long. I realized the other day that we've been together for a third of my life!  I couldn't think of a better person, companion, best friend, or love to share that many years with. I'm a lucky girl to have such a wonderful guy. We are perfect for each other and clearly meant to be together.

As a way to celebrate our anniversary we took a trip back to Hawaii.  We honeymooned there and always said we wanted to go back.  Ten days in Hawaii to celebrate ten years of wedded bliss...ok marriage. We started on Oahu for the first half of the trip and then headed to Kauai.

To prevent picture overload, I'll split up the posts in segments.  Here are some pictures from the first day.
 One of the things that intrigued me were these huge banyan trees. The branches grow back down into the ground to form new roots and section of tree.  It was fascinating.
 Anytime I can squeeze a bit of reality TV into a vacation it's always a fun treat. This is where "Dog the Bounty Hunter" works. Unfortunately the "Dog" was out in the field filming and not at the office but his front office lady came outside to meet us and chatted for a few min.  
We stayed at the Ilikai which I would stay in again and recommend for others. 
 This is the view from our hotel balcony in Waikiki Marina. 

 We ate at the "I" on our first night, which is located at the top of the Ilikai hotel and gave us a great view of the ocean and city.

 We had beautiful views each night of the amazing Hawaii sun setting.  Ricky was able to captures these special pictures for us.

No comments: