Thursday, March 13, 2014

Keeping Busy

There is always something going on around the house for our family. If we're not running from place to place for sports, school or errands than we have plenty to do at home. Here are a couple of pictures to capture some of the activities.
The boys now have chore charts. On top of his normal chores, Logan decided he wanted to help me load the dishwasher. I was happy to let him help and this is what I got. He was pretty proud.
10-4. I got to get out last week for a little adventure.  I went on a swing shift ride along with a local police department.  We have a friend on the force and he arranged for me to go. Unfortunately it rained almost the entire night so that was a drag but I still got to see a lot.  Some of the calls included a traffic accident, an arrest for a warrant, a car impounded for someone driving with a suspended license, a burglary, a suspicious vehicle, a traffic stop and lastly a fight in progress where an extremely drunk man was arrested. There is something about police work that intrigues me, excites me and brings a sense of satisfaction. I may have missed my calling so a ride along every now and again helps me get my lights and sirens fix.
 Girls lay out their cute outfits and little boys lay out their battle gear.  Lincoln and Logan both did this without any direction for us. They were so excited to show us what they had accomplished. All three levels of stairs were covered with some sort of gear.


 Daddy was working out in the yard and his helper, Logan was out with him. I saw Logan in this pose and asked him what he was doing. His reply, "I'm pumping up my head."
 There's at least one episode of battle gear dress up every day. 
 Ricky and I got out for a date night last week and he took me to Garcia's.  Everyone says it's the best Mexican food in town.  I liked it but unfortunately it's quite a drive from our place so I think we'll stick with the local eateries next time. 

I was sitting on the couch cuddling with Lincoln a couple of days ago when he asked me, "When you die, can I have your purse and all your money?"  I laughed, was a bit shocked and then told him yes, but he has to split it with his brother.  I couldn't believe he's already planning for an inheritance!



No comments: