Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spontaneous Disneyland Trip

The last couple of weeks at work for me have been emotionally hard. I have a recruiter on my team who lost her 11 year old son in a freak baseball accident. It's one of those things that you never think you or someone you know will have to go through and as her manager, it hit close to home. My heart was aching for her and her family. I had many co-workers reaching out to me to ask questions, share their concern for her, offer support, etc. I was just a very draining week that put life into perspective.

With all that going on, I realized on Wednesday of last week that the boys didn't have school on Friday.  I wanted to ensure that I got to spend the day with them and I wanted to do something that would create great memories.  On Thursday I decided we would leave that night and go to Disneyland. I called Grammy and told her we were on our way for a quick trip.  Ricky originally planned to stay home and get some work and relaxing in but about 30 minutes before we decided to leave he through a change of clothes and some toiletries into the bag and headed out the door with us.   He was going to skip Disneyland (he visited with the Rizzo's instead) but he wanted to spend the drive time with us. It worked out wonderfully and we had such an awesome trip.

This visit to the resort was by far our best visit yet.  The boys lasted the entire day...from 9:30 am to midnight and even then they didn't want to go home. Logan is finally tall enough to go on almost everything and despite a couple grumpy hours during what would've been his nap time, he got through the day. Grammy was very helpful and it was perfect for the four of us to go on the rides together.
Attractions we experienced in DCA: The Tractor Whip (twice), Racers, Sun Wheel, Jellyfish,  Golden Zephyr, Soarin Over CA, Pixar Parade, Monster's Inc, Disney Jr. Live on Stage, Phineas and Ferb Show, Bug's Land and the Bakery Tour.
Attractions we experienced in Disneyland: Carousel, Steam Train, Pirate's, Haunted Mansion, The Pirate Island, Big Thunder Mountain, Honey Pooh Pots, The Shooting Gallery, Autopia, Star Tours, Small World, Fireworks, Fantasmic and the Monorail.
Considering is was Easter weekend, I think we accomplished a lot! It was definitely a success and memories that I will forever cherish.

Lincoln and Grammy on the Tractor Whip
Meeting Sophia The First
Lincoln was brave and danced with the Fireside Girls. Logan did limbo but then he was done being in the spotlight. 

Riding Golden Zephyr
Logan's favorite thing every time is riding the train. 
The boys experiencing Pirate Island.  Lincoln was on the island when he was younger but they've never been through the caves, through the tunnels and over the bridges so this was a fun adventure for them. 

Logan trying to shoot a gun that's bigger than he is. 
Riding the Jumpin Jellyfish
Grammy and Logan on Jumpin Jellyfish which is a great feat for Logan considering his fear of heights. 
Mommy and Lincoln on the Sun Wheel
Logan riding the Racers. He was so excited and even trashed talked the other team when we won. He told them, "see, I told you you were going down." He was very invested in winning the race so I'm so glad we did. 
Mommy with the boys upfront and Grammy with her arms up in the back. 
My cute boys in Radiator Springs, Car's Land. 
Logan's first time on Star Tours
It's always a special treat for the boys to ride in the front of the monorail. They just love it.  
You can see from the pictures how excited they were and this was just before midnight.

No comments: