Sunday, September 14, 2014

Around the House in August

There is always something going on. August was an especially busy month for us. We had to unpack from our trip, the boys started back to school, I started back to school, we bought our new house, we put our current house on the market, I got a job managing a new team over the summer so work has been ridiculously busy for me, Lincoln's karate, Logan tried a week of Little Dragons (decided he didn't want to do it long term) Rick has been packing our house and loading up a storage unit, doctor's appointments, hair cuts, and everything else that goes along with raising a family.

We also try to take some time to have a little fun as a family. Evenings and weekends are definitely times I look forward to when I get to spend time with my boys. Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to.
Boys will be boys....and I definitely have boys.  They are in the rough house stage (does it ever go away?) and I found Logan tackling Lincoln trying to get him to wake up. 
Logan has really taking a liking to his teddy bear over the last couple of months. 

We let the boys pick the family activity one night and they picked Chuck E Cheese. Lincoln was off winning tickets with Daddy while Logan rode all the rides. 


Logan and I met Dad and Lincoln after karate at dinner and Logan's new favorite thing is taking selfies. 
Logan used some creative mind power to build this rocket ship with his magna tiles. 
We've been blessed with some rain and beautiful summer skies and this is an example of one. 
No, it's not Halloween but Logan is playing dress up with his train conductor costume. 
We met some friends at Playgrounds for a Saturday afternoon activity. 
Logan practiced his letters while Lincoln did homework. 
Lincoln brought this to me one night and I thought it was pretty awesome. Things like this make the tough days worth it. 
Then I got this one....
And finally this one.  
Logan trying Little Dragons karate at a different studio. 

Family dinner at Dillon's where the boys watched the flamingo's and sharks while we waited for our dinner. 

We gave the boys our duck calls from our Seattle Duck tour. It was funny for like the first 2-3 minutes and then it because a headache and a decision I regretted quickly after that. At least they were having fun and laughing. 
We tried an experiment that we saw on Facebook. It didn't turn out to be as exciting for them as I hoped but then we turned it into potion making time. 
Lincoln and Daddy at dinner. Lincoln chose Buffalo Wild Wings because now that we let him eat ranch (he was allergic previously) it's all he wants to eat. 
Logan is still obsessed with trains so there is always a train track on the tile of our house somewhere. 
We spent a day at Big Surf water park.  The boys love the water slides and Lincoln's favorite is the wave pool. Logan was hesitant to go down the slides at first but after a few runs he was brave as could be and then wanted to hit the biggest slides in the park. Luckily for me (and my heart) he wasn't tall enough yet to ride them. Soon enough they won't need us to accompany them. Lincoln already did some of the bigger slides by himself.  My babies are growing up!

No comments: