Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me!

I started my year out with my birthday...turning 34. I'm not exactly sure why but 34 seems really old. It hit me harder than 33 and because of that, it has motivated me to get my mind in a place to make changes to feel young and active. To be more engaged in the right things. It won't happen overnight but that will be my focus this year. 

I had several birthday celebrations. On my actual birthday, Ricky took me out to lunch at Grimaldi's. I had to work that day but I scooted out a bit early to get a much needed pedicure. That evening we had a lovely family dinner at The Melting Pot. It is one of my favorite restaurants and it was nice to share a fondue, fun and fancy evening with the boy. They did so well. No close calls with the hot pots and they tried everything. I really enjoy providing new experiences and hopefully lasting memories for them. 


My sweet friend Lisa treated me to a delicious Mexican lunch on Friday. She also gave me some ceramic measuring cups that are unique and I'm excited to use. I always enjoy a good visit with one of my wonderful friends. I am blessed to have found such good, sweet, kind and enjoyable women to have as friends in my life. 

On Saturday, Ricky and I went to see the musical If/Then, staring Idina Menzel, at ASU Gammage  I was really looking forward to seeing the show but unfortunately was a bit disappointed. The story was hard to follow, the songs weren't that catchy and the speaking parts were hard to understand. We ended the night on a good night with dinner at In-N-Out.  

Next weekend my girl friends are taking me out for the day for a birthday adventure, so more to come on that. I do feel loved and spoiled by Ricky and my boys, in addition to my friends and extended family. Here's to making 34 feel like a wonderful age.

This was my delicious birthday toffee cheesecake from Grimaldi's. 
Fancy handsome boys at dinner. 
Mom and Logan

Family selfie was a bit blurry and awkward but it was the only family picture we got that night.
Lincoln really impresses me when he actually tries to be on his best behavior.  He used his manners, was kind to Logan, was engaging with us and the server and had a very pleasant evening. 
Logan tried a cooked mushroom for the first time. He was also very excited to try all of the sauces they had. He doesn't even really like cheese but he tried all the vegetables and bread in the cheese fondue. 
Daddy was happy and full by the end of the evening. 
Birthday strawberries to take home. 
Since we had dessert with dinner we didn't do cake or ice cream at home so the boys surprised me by making a lego cake slice. It was thoughtful and super cute. 
My friend Courtney from Lompoc posted this picture on my Facebook wall from my 5th grade basketball season as a throwback birthday surprise. I haven't seen this picture in many years so I got a good laugh from it. I can't believe she still has it after all these years. 

Poster in front of ASU Gamma theater. 







No comments: