Monday, July 18, 2016

California Trip – Day 2

Saturday was beach day. It also happened to be the only day on our trip that was cloudy, overcast and cold. That is my luck. We were all (except Ricky who doesn’t like the beach) looking forward to beach time since our last beach day was spoiled by jellyfish during our Florida.  I promised the boys we could swim in the ocean but when we got there, the sun wasn’t even out.  Instead we visited with Grammy, Auntie Calee, Uncle Tony and some friends of theirs that came to hang out also. We had bought special beach sand toys especially for this trip so the boys made sand castles, walked the beach collecting shells, played Frisbee and ultimately go to play in the water. I was surprised they lasted about five hours which was much longer than I anticipated.

That evening we had tickets to attend the Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament. The boys had never been and I thought it was something fun and different that they would enjoy. We invited Grammy to join along with us. We were assigned to the yellow knight and although he didn’t win, we had great seats and enjoyed the show. The boys were thoroughly entertained and quite into all of the tournament games. They loved cheering for the knights, booing the enemy and awing with the crowd when one “died.” Both boys quite enjoyed the dinner and were thrown for a loop when I told them they actually got to eat with their hands – there were no utensils. It isn’t something I would pick to do for myself but it was so fun to watch the boys be intrigued and excited by what they were seeing. They are the perfect age to enjoy that type of experience and for me that is what makes it worth it.





















No comments: