Friday, August 26, 2016

Hello From the Other Side!

Last year, for Christmas, I gave Ricky tickets to see Adele's concert happening here in Phoenix. When I bought the tickets it felt like it was SO far away...any it was...it was eight months later. However, the time had finally come. I was excited to have date night and to enjoy a concert with Ricky. This makes our fourth big concert together and I've enjoyed all of them.

We got to downtown quite early to avoid traffic and have a nice dinner. We ended up eating at an Italian place across from the arena. I wasn't too impressed with the food but it was fun to try somewhere new and have a peaceful dinner. After dinner we headed to the arena and found our seats. Unfortunately, they were way high up in the nose bleed section. At the time, they were the only tickets I could get because I just selected best available and when a concert sells out in four minutes, you take what you can get.

We made our way up to our seats and sat there for a short while before I got this brilliant idea to go see if there were any upgrades available on this sold out show. I figured it was a long shot, we were now about an hour from showtime, but the worst thing they could tell me was no. So we went to the ticket booth and when I asked the lady if there were any upgrades available she rolled her eyes and said, this is sold out show. I may have one or two but they won't be sitting together. Ricky asked where the seats were. To our (and the ticket lady's) surprise, there was one pair of tickets left. They were on the front row on a side section,  incredibly close to the stage. We told her we'd take them! We found out later that those tickets were selling between $300-$800 a seat but because we bought them at the ticket booth, we paid face value for them....at far less than the going rate. It was awesome!

I was excited before but now as even more excited since we could actually see her face. We were close enough to be in the mix and actually see her sing versus just hearing her sing. The concert was amazing. She is an incredibly talented artist. In between most of her sings she would talk and tell stories and I loved that. Adele is witty and for someone who doesn't dance when she sings, does' t have backup dancers, and doesn't have a single costume change, she is still incredibly captivating and entertaining. I was very impressed with the show and will remember that one forever. Merry Christmas to Ricky!























No comments: