Thursday, March 9, 2017

First Trip to Texas

I'm a bit baffled that in all the years, with as much work as I've done and as many friends as I have in Texas that I had actually never been there. Sure, I've done a few layovers at the airports but never went and did anything there. It is even a state that Ricky and I considered moving to when we ultimately decided to move to Phoenix. I've always just had a draw to Texas.

I finally had the opportunity to go. It was a work trip and unfortunately I didn't plan my travel right so I didn't get to do much of anything except work. Bummer! I did find some fun, and amazingly delicious, places to eat while I was there. I purposely chose hole in the wall, ma and pa places, which isn't always an easy thing for this very picky eater. It all turned out to be the right move though. I look forward to going back and will definitely plan better next time.
 The work building is in the middle of nowhere with cows and ducks out the window but it was beautiful. I spent most of my evenings in Roanoke for dinner. BBQ, homestyle cookin', and a local pizza joint. 
 This Mexican food was the best I have ever had. I was missing my boys because I know they would have loved it!
 In keeping with tradition, I found a local cupcake shop and brought some home for the boys. The place was cute and they looked really good but unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the owner. The cupcakes survived the travel but I wasn't overly impressed. A bit too dry for my liking. Ricky liked his vanilla one though.

No comments: