Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was wonderful! The celebration actually started Saturday night with dinner at Hayashi.  Sunday morning I got to sleep in. I got some work done around the house. After coming home from church we swam for a little while and we talked to Grammy and Tutu. I was spoiled and showered with presents. The boys took good care of me. We had dinner at Rubio's and spent the night relaxing at home. It was a perfect day! I'm so blessed to be a mommy to two precious boys. I love them more than words can express.

 This was a cute Mother's Day booklet from Lincoln - all about me. I'm glad he didn't try to guess my height and weight. That could have been disastrous. He's a smart boy putting just the question marks. 
 I think it's funny that he put Chinese food. One of my favorite places is Pei Wei, so in a way, he's right. Generally speaking, my favorite is Mexican food. He sure knows me...I love a good Diet Coke! 
 Among many other things I wish for, living forever, especially with my boys, is something I wish for. 
 He's right! I love a good laugh but scary pranks are not something I can appreciate. 
 Umm...so, for being the artist he is, I thought I would at least get a body. (smile) I'm guessing he didn't have time to finish. 
This really warms my heart. I feel like there are days when being a mother is really hard and that I'm failing as my role of mother. There are other days when I feel like I'm crushing it. That's just part of being a parent. You do your best and hope that you are raising honorable, kind, hard working, personable kids that will be successful and productive members of society. When I get cards like this, it helps me to believe that we are on the right track. 



No comments: