Thursday, August 13, 2009

Baby Logan

Quick update on baby...in case you haven't heard, we're naming him Logan Spencer.  I'm now 28 weeks and I just went in for a doctor's appointment.  He seems to healthy and all is going well. He is very active and luckily I'm not so sick anymore...just tired.  I'm measuring 29 weeks but they did an ultrasound and Logan's measurements are about 10 days bigger than average.  The doctor said not to worry, they will keep the same due date.  He might just be a big kid.  Yikes!  I thought Lincoln was big at 8 lbs 8 oz so we'll see what's in store for us.  Good thing I decided that this time I want to get an epidural!  
Here is a 3-D ultrasound picture of Logan.  It's a picture of his profile (looking down on his right cheek)...which I happen to think looks a lot like Lincoln's profile did in his ultrasounds.  I have to admit that I think 3D ultrasound pictures are cool but also a bit creepy.  I was a little freaked out when the ultrasound tech showed me the picture and I could see Logan's head, just the face.  He laughed when I asked him where the rest of his skull was but he explained to me how the technology worked and that it won't show his head in this picture.  I felt much better after that!