Monday, March 15, 2010

The Obsession Has Begun

I don't know what it is that causes a young boy to become OBSESSED with Imperial Walkers, planet Hoth and Dagobah, X-Wings, the death star, a little green guy named Yoda, wookies and and battle droids. Whatever it is, Lincoln has it....he is OBSESSED. I know it's definitely part of the Phillips genes but it is just something that amazes me. I don't know why it started but he's loved his light saber, yoda and all things Star Wars for as long as I can remember. Several weeks ago Ricky showed him The Empire Strikes back and now he can't get enough of it. He asks for it all the time! The other part of this whole things is that my two year old can remember everything about it. He knows all of the characters (including the not so popular ones that I don't even know), ships, planets, different types of droids, and creatures. It's crazy how he just eats it up. Ricky will tell him about the story and he remembers it weeks later.
Maybe he is drawn to the classic battle of good verses evil. I don't know. I just know that I didn't do it...it just happened. Ricky loves that he can share in the excitement of it all with Lincoln and they can bond over Star Wars. Ricky told me this day would come. I just didn't believe him.

I guess with three boys in my house I had it coming.
Lincoln's favorite of all six movies is The Empire Strikes Back.
Ricky hates Jar Jar Binks but Lincoln likes him.

Lincoln LOVES Imperial Walkers.

No comments: