Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Enchanted Island at Encanto Park

We went to downtown Phoenix last week for Logan's doctor's appointment. I figured since we were already down there it would be fun to go and do something new that we hadn't done or seen before. In my online research I found a place called Enchanted Island. It's an amusement park for kids, specifically for young kids. We decided to go and see what it was all about since it was just a few minutes from where we were going to be anyway. The Enchanted Island is built inside Encanto Park. The park itself was really pretty and nice. It had nice landscaping that included a huge lake in the middle that fed a river that surrounded the park. The amusement park is no Disneyland but Lincoln had fun. The rides are like carnival/fair rides and the entire place is really old. There were only about a dozen people there. The employees were really nice but they didn't even have enough employees to run each ride. Each employee ran two rides so you had to wait until one ride finished before they would come let you on to another ride. We made the most of it though and enjoyed our afternoon together.

Of course Lincoln wanted to ride the train. It was a small cute train but it was SO squeeky. I had to cover Logan's ears because I was worried it would hurt him. The train took us all around the park and ride area.
This was Lincoln's first time on a ride by himself. I think I was more scared then he was. He sat next to another little boy so that the boy could help him stay sitting in his seat. They went around 3 or 4 times and then he looked at me and started to cry. He was done. I was impressed that he made it as long as his did. They stopped the ride and and he was able to get off. He said it was fun and scary. I was so proud of him.
Lincoln sat in this little spaceship ride and the same little boy from the dragon ride came over and jumped in with him. I thought it was cute that he wanted to continue to take care of Lincoln. I look forward to the day that both Lincoln and Logan will be able to go together.

Lincoln loved the cars. He went on them several time, choosing a different car each time. I loved pushing the buttons. Each car had a different distinct noise.

Just us
After the rides we took a walk around Encanto park. The boys were troopers and just looked at the ducks, trees and people who were riding in the paddle boats around the river.
This picture was inspired by my friend Becky! As we were leaving the park I realized how beautiful the sky was. I had just seen Becky's pictures of the sky and realized that I wanted to try and capture it. We get such beautiful desert skies here. I think she inspired me to take more pictures of them. Thanks, Becky!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Eden, love your blog and reading about all the fun adventures you have with the boys. They are adorable! XOXO

The King Family said...

Awww, I love your cloud pic too! And I'm happy to see you in some photos finally Eden. You are beautiful and looking so great after having a baby!