Friday, April 2, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect...

...and I'm definitely not there yet. I just completed the last of my cake decorating classes that I've been doing over the last four months. It's been a lot of fun and I've learned so much. The boys were all very supportive which made it a lot easier. Rick watched the boys while I made the cakes, icings, and went to class. Lincoln loves to eat the cake....well actually just the frosting. Logan loves to watch what I do and was good at testing the cakes durability. I had a great teacher who even invited me to join her cake club. I don't think I will ever make & decorate cakes as a business but it's definitely something I enjoy doing. I look forward to being able to make the boys birthday cakes and cakes for friends and family.

This was my final cake for class. It's fondant covering, fondant border with gum paste daisies and carnations.

My first fondant cake.

My main cake tester.

Logan and Daddy watching what I'm doing.
He couldn't resist any longer. He finally was able to get close enough to grab it and he didn't waste anytime. Poor guy had to watch his brother eat some and he couldn't have any. He was pretty determined to pick off the dots!

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Those look pretty amazing. I will definitely be ordering from you next time I need a cake.