Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Truth and Mind of a Child

One of today's conversations:

Mom: "Lincoln, do you know who loves you?"
Lincoln: "Daddy, and Mommy and brother."
Mom: "That's right. We all love you. Who do you love?"
Lincoln: "Imperial Walkers and Battle Droids!"

Yesterday I took Lincoln with me to Michael's. As we approached the intersection to turn into the shopping center, Lincoln yells, "Mom, turn left." My jaw about hit the floor. Michael's can't be seen from where we were and I had not yet pulled into the left turn lane. I couldn't believe it so I asked him to repeat what he said. His response was, "Mom, turn, turn" as he was pointing to the shopping center to our left.

I'm going to try and make it a point to write more of these conversations down. He says funny, insightful, surprising stuff like this all the time.

1 comment:

Freckles Phillips said...

Imperial Walkers and Battle Droids?? Has Lincoln turned over to the dark side? He should love Yoda and Ewoks!