Thursday, May 27, 2010

Yoga

Last Saturday Ricky and I decided to attend the workout yoga class at our gym. I had NO idea what I was in for. I was already not feeling the best but I thought a nice relaxing class where I could stretch would probably be a good thing for me. Well, it was - in a way. I loved the last 20 minutes of class...stretching and meditation. As we were walking though the doors of the class Rick tells me it's a 90 minute class - I was thinking it was only 30 minutes.

This was the first yoga class for both of us so learning things like the down dog, warrior 1 & 2, cat & cow were all new to us. Five minutes into the class I was sweating! Then we got more advanced and the intensity increased. That wasn't what I signed up for! At one point during the class Ricky and I looked at each other in the mirror and we just started laughing. Of course we didn't laugh out loud because that would ruin the quiet peaceful ambiance in the room.

I realized that I'm not as flexible as I thought I was. next day I was so sore! It's a good sore but still sore nevertheless. It was a nice class and was fun to be there with Ricky. I look forward to going again.

1 comment:

Ligia said...

I taught yoga for almost three years. It's not easy but it sure brings life into balance. My first class when I go back and haven't done it for a while always kicks me in the butt. So don't feel too bad. Keep it up. You'll start to love it. :o)