Monday, May 31, 2010

My Space

So why is it that people feel so inclined to be in another persons space? I've noticed in many different situations that I seem to attract people...not in a good way. I can park my truck in a huge empty parking lot, go inside a store, come out and there will be a car RIGHT next to my truck. Never mind the fact that there are 50 open parking spaces in the lot and I'm not even parked closest to the store.

Recently I was at the airport waiting for a flight. I was sitting at 7:00 am at the gate with rows of empty seats. I purposely put my head phones on so that I didn't have to talk to anyone. Within minutes a woman sits down RIGHT next to me. I couldn't believe it. Really!?! There were dozens of seats around the gate yet she sat right next to me. Not only did she sit next to me, her leg was pushing against mine.

This leads to my next issue....it is wrong to wear a bottle of perfume and/or cologne when you know you are going to be in tight public spaces! Example, an airplane! Or even if you are going to choose a seat right next to someone (
practically in their lap) even when there are other seats available, then you should at least not put on mass amounts of perfume before you do it. Other places you should not where more than 1 squirt of perfume are church, the movies, the gym (perfume does not mask the smell of BO) or a restaurant (if someone at another table can smell your perfume over the smell of their food that is an issue!)

Anyway, as you can tell this is clearly a pet peeve of mine. Really I don't think I'm asking too much. These are all things that come with common courtesy.

No comments: