Thursday, June 3, 2010

Height Prediction

Have you ever heard that if you measure a little boy when he is two and a half years of age, then double his height, that's how tall you can expect him to be as a grown man?

Well, we are going to try it. We measured Lincoln when he was exactly 2 1/2. He was 38 inches tall - making him 6 feet 4 inches tall as a grown man. Unfortunately that's only tall enough for him to be a guard in the NBA verses a forward or center. I guess we better work with him on dribbling in addition to shooting. Who knows we will wait and see if the myth is true for Lincoln.

We did start his training when he was just 8 months old.
This is his second basketball hoop (from infant set up to toddler hoops) at a year and 5 months old.
If he isn't tall enough for the NBA then we could always go with baseball. Given all of the Spring Training Fields, it's a big thing around here.

2 comments:

Ligia said...

Cute cute cute! Will it work if I measure my little boy at three? I wonder now too. :o)

Teri said...

I wish I would have measured my boys when they were that age and figured it out...they are 6'2" and still growing...wonder if Ryan will grow on his mission? Well you have two future basketball players for sure. So cute! :)