Monday, October 25, 2010

Conversations with Lincoln

Over the last week I started to write down more of our conversations with Lincoln.  As a mom it's so funny, amazing and wonderful to hear your child use words for the first time. It continues as they put them into sentences and then be able to explain and understand concepts, tell stories, etc.  


October 20th
Lincoln: "Scrumptious. (He pronounced it gum-shiss) It means yummy!"


October 23rd
Me: "Good Morning, Lincoln."
Lincoln: Good Morning, mommy.  I'm so glad to see you."
Me: Ahhh (as my heart melted and a huge smile went across my face!)


The closest Deseret Industries to us is about a 45 minute drive and it's not located in a very nice area of Phoenix. We had just dropped some things off at the DI when this conversation took place.
Rick: "Lincoln, what do you say we get out of this part of town?"
Lincoln "No problemo!" (said without hesitation and with the proper accent for the environment)


Later after returning home from Ikea, Ricky had some office furniture to put together for me.  Being the great dad that he is, he tried to include Lincoln in that project.
Ricky: "Lincoln, can you help me carry this?" (it was a sheet of wood about 2 1/2 feet long and less than 2 feet wide.)
Lincoln: "Yes!  This is humongous!


 Lincoln has been watching Ni-Hao Kai-Lan.  That show is pretty good about teaching kids emotions and how to express them with words.  One of the characters (Rintoo or Hoho - I don't remember which) stars in an episode where he gets mad. The character quickly shares his feelings by bluntly saying, I'm mad.  Lately so has Lincoln.  Now he is quick to say, in a bold confident (trying to be angry) voice, I'm mad!
He has also recently started saying, "that makes me sad."  Who said TV was a terrible thing?!?  It appears he's learning something.

2 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Haha. those are great. I'm all about TV. That's how Erica learned her shapes, colors and letters.

Ligia said...

I totally agree. Some TV is actually very good and Orion actually says the same thing because he watches Ni-Hao Kai Lan too. Nick Jr. also taught him about Octagons. Go figure. :)