Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Getting Back in the Game

Our city has a huge tennis center with 25 new beautiful tennis courts.  I've been saying for a while that I wanted to get over there to see what they had to offer. A couple weeks ago I grabbed my old racquet and headed to the courts.  You have to be rated first by one of the coaches and then they tell you your options. I spent a few hours running through drills before he told me that I could join one of his leagues.  I was so excited.  Considering I haven't picked up a racquet to play competitively in over 10 years I was pretty happy with how things went. I am definitely not in the same shape I was in but will be working to get my endurance and speed back.  As I was on the court I was focused and having a great time.  It made me realize how much I love playing the sport.  There is something about it that mentally and physically puts me in a different place...a place where I love to be.  It's one on those things that's hard to explain unless you've experienced it yourself.
Tonight was my first league practice night.  I am exhausted. We have practice weekly until league play starts in February.  I'm pretty excited!




No comments: