Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Craft Projects

I've been on a project kick lately.  I think if I didn't have a career or kids I would just do crafts, projects and baking all day.  There's something great about being able to accomplish little projects that I love.  Not that I don't have accomplishments with work or raising kids, it's just different.

I decided that this year I wanted to make birthday cards.  I ended up making close to 50 cards.  I have a ton of scrapbook materials and thought this would be a good way to use it up and save me from buying cards.  There are a lot of pictures but I intend to send them all out this year so I wanted to remember them for future card making sessions!











I haven't hung anything on the walls of my office yet.  I've been trying to decide what I wanted to do.  Right now it has a lot of my old Disney memorabilia from my years there which is why I went with the color scheme of red, black and white. I got an idea from a frame I saw and decided to make my own.  It turned out to be really neat and quite simple to make.  The hardest part was picking out the pictures I wanted to use.  I got the art online from Leo Reynolds.  I had Michael's make the mat to fit the frame I wanted and will have my super sweet husband hang it.

Lincoln and I tried a new recipe for cut out sugar cookies and they were delicious.  I got a couple new cookie cutter so Lincoln and I put them to use.  Lincoln and Logan like cookies as much as their dad.  Sugar cookies are Rick's favorite.  These didn't last long.
 Rick likes the plain ones.
 I liked the m&m's on top.
Lincoln likes the sprinkles and Logan will eat any of them.  It was fun to try a few different decorating styles.

1 comment:

Dangcutekids said...

You're so talented Eden. What darling cards. It was fun to get one! What a great way to use scrapbook stuff!