Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's All in How You Say It

I often tease Ricky because over the years his sense of humor has become more like his dads.  Not that it's totally a bad thing, but it's definitely where he gets it from. He has one liners for people that are quite corny, not as funny as he thinks and sometimes embarrassing.  Again, not that it's bad but they're definitely not things I would say.
Last night his little comments finally paid off.  We went to dinner and a movie.  It's been a while since we had been to the movies. We didn't realize until we were in line that it was now $12.50 for a regular priced ticket.  As we stepped up to the counter, I told the man that we wanted two for Just Go With It.  (By the way, I thought it was cute and a typical Adam Sandler movie.) The employee asked us if we had any discounts like student or military.  I sort of rolled my eyes (nicely - not directed at him personally) then sighed and said, "I wish."  Ricky says, "We love the military, does that count?" I think at first the employee didn't know what to say.  Next thing I know he said, "Sure.  It will be $17.50 total."  I couldn't believe it.  Ricky's comment saved us $7.50!  Of course, he made sure that I knew it.  I admitted that it was pretty cool and said I would try not to tease him so much next time. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Ligia said...

That's awesome. I love it when silly things like this can save you some dollars. :)