Saturday, March 26, 2011

Conversations with Lincoln

Last week were out running errands and we went through the Jack in the Box drive through to grab dinner. Logan was starving so I immediately gave him his grilled cheese sandwich.  Lincoln got to have a few french fries and then told him he needed to wait for more until we got home in just a few minutes.  
Lincoln: Daddy, I love you.
Daddy: Thanks, bud.  I love you too.
Me: Oh, that's so sweet Lincoln.
Lincoln:  Mom, I love you too.
Me: Oh, I love you too sweetheart.  That's sooo sweet.
Lincoln: That means I get another frreeeeeennnch frrrrrryyyy!  (said in the cutest, sweetest, most innocent little voice.)

**********************

Ricky had just changed Logan's diaper and left it on the changing table because his trash can wasn't in his room.
Me (to Ricky):  Is this a poop or a pee diaper?
Lincoln: Let me take that poopy diaper.  I'm gonna put it in the poop shoot.
Me: No, it's not a poopy diaper.  He only put poopy diapers in the poop shoot.
Lincoln:  Okay.  Then where's the pee shoot?


**********************

On the way home from the air show there were streets blocked off and cones everywhere.  We were in the car when this conversation took place.
Lincoln: Look mom, a cone. (He pointed to a cone that was off in the distance in the yard of a private residence.)
Me: Yes. Good eyes, bud.
Lincoln:  I have an idea. (as he speaks in a whisper voice) Let's go at night, in the dark, and take off our socks and shoes so they don't hear us and get the cone. Then, run back and put it in our truck and take if back to our house.
Needless to say, this conversation prompted our first ever discussion about stealing.  No idea where he came up with all of that from but it made me feel sad, shocked and made me laugh all at the same time.

1 comment:

The King Family said...

I LOVE your stories! Aren't you glad you are keeping track of the hilarious things Lincoln says so you can go back and tease him when he's older?!