Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Morning

Our Easter morning was an early one filled with tradition.  The boys woke up just before 7:00 am and followed the trails, left by the Easter Bunny, leading them from their bedrooms to their baskets.  Their baskets were filled with a couple of toys, some candy and a chocolate bunny. I sometimes think I get more excited about watching them experience things (in this case finding their baskets) than they actually have doing it.  They were excited and seemed to really enjoy it.  
I did learn two lessons. The first is that I remember getting a lot of candy in my basket as a kid.  I wanted my boys to have the same. Problem is, my memories of Easter only go back to when I was like 8-10.  My boys are so much younger than that which ultimately equates to giving them too much candy.  Next year the Easter Bunny will be bringing more toys or clothes and less sugar. 
Second lesson is that it's easy to get wrapped up in the festivities of Easter and easily forget the real reason we celebrate.  I did take a few minutes to sit down with Lincoln to talk about Christ and the resurrection.  I hope that as Lincoln and Logan get older that it will be easier to focus more on Christ at Easter time. 
 My entry Easter decorations.  
 Lincoln's basket.
 Logan's basket.
 Lincoln followed his trail of little chocolate eggs all the way downstairs to his basket. 
 Daddy helped Logan follow his trail. 
 Logan looks so tall in this picture.  He wasn't concerned about picking up his eggs, he just wanted the basket. 



 I did let them eat some of their chocolate bunnies before breakfast.  I don't know if that makes me a bad mom or a good mom but hey, it was Easter so I figured I should let them get away with it. 
No doubt that this little boy loves chocolate!

1 comment:

MrsJ said...

How cute!! I should do more things like that, but I'm lazy lol