Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Frame Project

I was reading a craft blog a couple months ago and saw a post about redoing picture frames with spray paint.  It looked so easy and I was surprised at how good the finished product looked.  I had a couple of frames in the garage that I was going to get rid of so I figured they would be the perfect ones to experiment with.  I went and got a $.93 can of black matte spray paint and went at it.  After I finished painting them I realized that they looked like burnt wood.  I should have used glossy paint!  Luckily I could rectify my problem and I gave the frames a couple rounds of glossy black paint.  Ta-duh!  They were finished and I thought they looked great.  Fast, cheap and easy...my kind of project!
 Before
 After
 Now it holds my holiday art at the front entry. 
It fits the rest of the frames now that it's in black instead of gold.

No comments: