Friday, May 27, 2011

Idaho Trip Day 5 - Jackson, WY

Happy 8th Anniversary! Eight years ago Ricky and I were married for time and all eternity. We took a few days to celebrate by going to Jackson, Wyoming. I had never been before and I wanted a nice place that we could relax, take in some scenery, read, eat and enjoy each others company. Luckily we did just that.

Here are some highlights of our anniversary day.

Lunch at Five Guys. It's Ricky's favorite hamburger place and there happens to be one in Pocatello, which was on our way to Jackson.


I surprised Ricky with a massage and I enjoyed a relaxing facial.
 We had beautiful views out each window on our drive up.  Because of all the rain the rivers were full to the max. 
We saw things that you only see in hunting territory.  Barns with antlers. 
Every mountain had snow. 
We checked into our adorable little cabin.
The view was beautiful and our cabin was tucked in the back so it was a nice quiet area. 
 Cozy little studio cabin. 
We woke up every morning with deer in front of our cabin.

Ricky was surprised with a box of his favorite sugar cookies from Cheryl's that ordered and had sent to our room.

We enjoyed a delicious and adventurous dinner at Million Dollar Steakhouse. I say adventurous because I tried buffalo ravioli. If you know me well, you know I'm a pretty picky eater. I was determine to be brave though and I wanted to try something new. I have to admit they were pretty good but I don't know that I would order them again. Ricky really liked it.

History of the restaurant: Located in one of the oldest buildings in Jackson Hole (circa 1890), the Cowboy Steakhouse originally opened in the basement of the historic Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in 1995.
 This was some sort of bread with very different spices in it along with a salmon cream cheese.  I tried this too. Not a fan of the cream cheese and the bread was...interesting but edible.  
 Crispy Buffalo Stuffed Ravioli with Light Basil Pesto Cream Sauce and Tomato and Arugula Salad
Buttermilk Chicken Fried Chicken with Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Asparagus and Country Gravy. It was the only chicken item on the menu. 
We walked around town a bit but everything was pretty much closed. After all, it was 6:00 pm. We headed back to the cabin to enjoy a movie (The Fighter) and good reading.

I'm so blessed to be married to my best friend.  We have a lot in common and yet we also have a lot of differences.  I think it's the perfect balance.  He is sweet, caring, loyal, forgiving, a great father, funny, intelligent, honest, and exactly who I was supposed to marry. I love you, Ricky!

No comments: