Monday, May 2, 2011

Justice

Today it was announced by President Obama that Osama Bin Laden was killed last week by a small United States task force in Pakistan.  This is a great victory for our country.  It is justice for our nation that we've sought for almost a decade.
I still remember exactly where I was, and how I felt, the morning of September 11, 2001 when I watched on TV as the planes hit the World Trade Centers, Pentagon and the field in Pennsylvania. Never having experienced an attack on our country before, the feelings I felt that day went through the entire spectrum of every emotion.  Amongst other things I felt fear, disbelief, anger, chaos, uncertainty, caution, to a feeling of unity, hope, passion, and love for our country.  I was, and am, proud to be an America.  While I would not normally be glad for the death of someone, I truly believe this earth is better off without him. I find peace in the fact that he will be accountable in the next life for what he's done. I'm grateful for the men and women of our armed forces that sacrifice and serve our country to protect the freedoms of our nation and others around the world. May God continue to bless the United States of America!

No comments: