Friday, June 10, 2011

Conversations With Lincoln

Sometime last month as Lincoln and I walked downstairs early one morning, we rounded the corner to the playroom and Lincoln jumped back as you would if you were startled and then he blurted out, "Ahh, brown wall, you scared me!"
Later at some point in that week he told me his brown wall was beautiful.
****************************
While we were up at Tutu's house last month there were tons of hilarious things that Lincoln said. I tried to capture a few of them.  One day I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day.  Lincoln was in the sitting area of the bathroom looking into the mirror while this conversation took place.
(see picture of mirror below)
Lincoln: "Okay, talk to me!"
Me: "Who are you talking to?"
Lincoln: "The mirror."
Me: "The mirror is going to talk to you?" (I said in a slightly surprised yet sarcastic voice.)
Lincoln: "Yes."
Me: "What does it say?"
Lincoln: (In a small high pitched voice) "Let me out of here!"
*************************
The day that we went to the Pocatello Zoo we first went to out to lunch.  On our way from lunch to the zoo we saw a life size stuffed gorilla standing on the sidewalk that was holding a sign advertising a local business.  We were stopped at a red light and could see this gorilla right outside our window.
Lincoln: "Are we there yet?"
Me: "Where?"
Lincoln: "At the zoo."
Me: "Do you see animals?"
Lincoln: "Yes."
Ricky: "What kind?"
Lincoln: "Gorillas."
*************************
Over memorial day weekend we hung out at the house cleaning, doing projects and playing with water in the backyard. We were all in the backyard with the water table when Lincoln ran inside to go potty. We were making our way back inside when Lincoln came running out.
Lincoln: (in a concerned voice) "Um, Mom, Dad."
Us: "What?"
Lincoln: "I think I need to go back to the pee pipe doctor. (This is what we call the urologist.)
Us: "Why?"
Lincoln: "So he can make my pee pipe lots lots bigger like daddy's!"
Needless to say Ricky and I instantly started busted up laughing.  What else do you do!?  I immediately went and wrote the conversation down while Ricky tried to explain to Lincoln that pee pipe doctors are for fixing owies and that only time will help what he's asking for.  Who knew we would have that conversation with our three year old.
**************************
We are realizing now more than ever that kids are like parrots.  They repeat what they hear.  I'm grateful that Lincoln has so many positive experiences at school but he's picked up a few bad habits here and there too...like when he told Ricky and I that we were getting on his nerves.  You can guarantee that we had a long follow up conversation with him about that one.

1 comment:

Freckles Phillips said...

I love these "conversations with Lincoln". So cute! He's going to be glad that you wrote all this stuff down when he gets older. I read these out loud to Mom and she laughed. The pee-pipe story was just hilarious! Haha. Such a boy!