Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Logan Goes to Nursery

Since Logan turned 18 months old a few weeks ago he now can finally go to nursery at church!  He's been going to nursery with me (since I'm the 2 year old nursery leader) but it will be nice for him to be in his own class with the younger and smaller kids.  He seemed to like it the first couple of weeks but didn't do so well last week.  He is very different than Lincoln was at this age so it's a new experience for us. Lincoln was happy to be away from us and didn't even say bye when we dropped him off.  He was happy to be with the other kids and play with the new toys.  Logan...not so much. 
I was always a little bit jealous of kids that wanted to be with their parents. Lincoln was so independent that sometimes I thought the grass was greener on the other side.  I thought it would be so nice that your child loved you SO much that they didn't want to leave.  Be careful what you wish for.  Now that we have Logan, who has a much more clingy personality, I don't know that it's necessarily better.  It comes with it's challenges too.  Logan will cry for about 2-3 minutes when we drop him off but then he seems to get over it pretty quickly.  Last week I took him out early because I could hear him crying from down the hall.  He does really well with a babysitter and at the gym daycare so I'm sure a few more weeks of getting used to nursery and he'll be fine.  
It's pretty fascinating to me that at such a young age, being raised the same way, that my boys are different. They have a lot in common too. They are definitely born with their own personalities and it's our job to guide them and help them develop that. I love them both so much and I'm thankful for what they bring to our family. 


My sweet baby boy is growing up. This was before church on May 29, the first Sunday in his nursery class.





1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

He is so handsome. I ended up having to go to nursery with Erica until she graduated to sunbeams. Hopefully, Logan transitions sooner. I'm looking forward to Sadie going. I think she will be like Lincoln. I will be very grateful for the independence.