Sunday, June 26, 2011

Conversations With Lincoln

This last week or so Lincoln has started to sound more like a little teenager more than ever before.  Here are just a few of the conversations from this week.  As you can see, there is a little trend with his new found "cool" words.  I have no idea where he came up with these from.

Typically Lincoln will watch a TV show or two upstairs in our bedroom before he goes to bed.  He knows if his show is over then it's bedtime.  A couple nights ago I was downstairs working on somethings when his show ended.
Lincoln: "Mom, come turn off the TV upstairs."
Me: "Okay, I'm coming."
Lincoln: "Okay, but I'm just coming downstairs to hang out with you for a little while."
**********************

After picking Lincoln up from school one day we stopped in to pick up some take out from Pei Wei (yummy!) Since I called in the order a head of time and knew it was ready, I decided that I would leave the boys in the car really quick while I ran inside.  (Don't judge me.  I was like 10 feet from them, the air was on, the car was locked and I watched them the entire time.) Anyway, when I got back to the car I knew Logan was crying.
Me: "You guys okay?  I see Logan was crying. Lincoln were you okay?"
Lincoln: "Yes, I was just chillin in the car but Logan was crying."
***********************

While Ricky was gone on his motorcycle trip we cherished the few minutes in the evenings that we got to talk with him on the phone. The boys faces would light up and a huge smile would come to their face when they heard their daddy's voice.
Ricky: "Lincoln bud, how you doing?"
Lincoln: "Good. I'm just hangin with Mom and Logan."

2 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

So cute. We miss that Lincoln. We will have to come up again soon. I totally don't judge you about the car. There is nothing more annoying than unloading 2 toddlers for a quick trip into a store. Especially, when your arms are going to be full. Good for you.

Freckles Phillips said...

He's growing up too fast! "Hanging" and "Chillin". So cute!!