Friday, July 1, 2011

Spikes

The last week or so Lincoln has become obsessed with spikes in his hair.  I feel like he woke up one day and was like sixteen and vain. He wants spikes in his hair the minute he wakes up in the morning - this morning he was in my bathroom at 6:15 am doing his spikes. He touches them up a dozen or more times throughout the day and he even makes sure he has spikes right before bed. I don't know what has gotten into him!

The funniest part is that after he wets his hair and spikes it, he looks in the mirror and says, "lookin good" or "so handsome."  I can't believe it.  It's super cute to hear him say it and I'm glad that he has self confidence - it's just the obsessed part that I'm a little worried about. I have to say I'm impressed that he does them all on his own.

The other funny and/or amusing part about it is that we is SO concerned that his spikes will get messed up through the day.  If you try to give him a hug, you get a half hug because he doesn't want the spikes flattened.  He will say, "watch out for my spikes, mom!" If he has to take a nap, he's very careful how he lays his head down.  He is concerned when he has to change his clothes that his spikes will get ruined.

If I knew we were going to face a spike obsession I would've gotten his hair cut sooner.  As it is I'm rescheduling his hair appointment so that we can go in sooner.  Today he told me that he doesn't want grenade to cut his hair because he wants his hair long for spikes.  Ricky and I busted up laughing. The lady that cuts his hair is named Rene. Lincoln keeps calling her Grenade!
I wonder how long this phase will last or is this the start of it all!?!?

Spikes or no spikes, he is so adorable and I love him!

2 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I'm sure he is not going for this look, but he is so adorable.

Freckles Phillips said...

Hahah that is so cute! He's growing up too fast. The spikes do look good though. I love the red wall as a background for the picture too!