Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Idaho Trip Day 7 - The Tetons

Our short trip was already coming to an end. After sleeping in and a nice breakfast at the hotel, we lounged around for a few hours. I sat outside and took in the sun, the beautiful mountain view and listened to all the noise nature had to offer. I did some journaling, read and played a few games while Ricky read. Even though we missed our boys, we were in now hurry to get home. We had a nice drive to Idaho Falls where we stopped for lunch and did some shopping at a couple of book stores. We were back to Pocatello just before dinner time.  We were excited to see the boys. They were excited to see us...for about 2 minutes before they were back to running around and playing.
It wad a really relaxing, beautiful and memorable trip. I'm so glad we got some time away. I love spending time with Ricky.  He is my best friend, my eternal companion and a wonderful husband and father. I'm so blessed and very grateful for him in my life. 

On our drive to and from Jackson we noticed these HUGE nests up on the electricity poles.  I think there were at least 25 of them. We assumed that they were some type of eagles nest because of the size.  I thought they were pretty amazing. I had never seen a nest that size before. 
 On the way home I snapped this picture which has a huge bird on the nest.  It's hard to tell because were were driving (and quite far away) but I think we were right.  These pictures don't quite do them justice.
 We also read some info in town that talked about the Jackson area being a known nesting place for bald eagles.  They had the laws posted which included things like you can't be within a half mile of the nest because they are protected.

Tutu's house from the road. 



No comments: