Thursday, July 14, 2011

100 Things

I saw an email a few weeks ago had a list of 100 things and asked you to highlight the things on the list that you've experienced.  Because this serves as my journal, I decided to take the idea and change it up a little bit. Instead, I listed 100 things that I've experienced.  Some are pretty fun and amazing while others have been more simple everyday experiences. There were so many more things I could have listed but this is a good start. I hope one day my boys will read this and learn a thing or two about me.  I've also realized as I jotted some of these things down that I am very blessed.  I've gotten to experience a wide variety of things physically, spiritually and emotionally. Eventually I will put my bucket list together and start working to accomplish that. 

1. Sat in the same room with a president of the United States, George W. Bush
2. Been horseback riding in the mountains
3. Was in a band (clarinet, tuba and percussion)
4. Vacationed in Maui
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Volunteered at the Special Olympics
7. Been to and worked at Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a snake
10. Had a surgery
11. Been in a snow storm
12. Ridden a roller coaster with a loop
13. Been to the Golden Gate Bridge
14. Walked on Main St. in Disneyland with nobody else around at 2:00 am 
15. Been to the top of the Empire State Building
16. Had food poisoning
17. Been inside Alcatraz
18. Bought a house
19. Visited Ground Zero, The Statue of Liberty and Times Square
20. Slept in a tent
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Been the recipient of anonymous Christmas gift donors
24. Built a snow man
25. Held a dying animal
26. Gone toilet papering
27. Biked down a volcano
28. Ridden in a gondola (does the Hotel in Vegas count?)
29. Wished on a star
30. Watched a sunrise and a sunset
31. Been in a car accident
32. Been on a Ferris wheel that held the record in 1999 for being the biggest one
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited Nauvoo, IL and other early church history sites
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Learned a second language
37. Seen a Broadway play on Broadway
38. Swam in the Pacific Ocean
39. Had to be evacuated from our house because of a fire
40. Met a survivor of the holocaust
41. Sung karaoke
42. Sat in a natural hot springs pool
43. Paid for someone else’s groceries
44. Was my middle school Student Body President
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been in a parade
47. Been the victim of a crime
48. Seen my life flash before your eyes
49. Been within an arms reach of dolphins in the ocean
50. Been on a two week road trip with no plans or schedule to follow
51. Ate buffalo meat
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Watched a movie at a drive-in theater
55. Been on TV
56. Fell in love and got married
57. Rode a big yellow school bus to school
58. Taken guitar lessons
59. Traveled to Japan
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies as a girl scout
62. Been water skiing
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Organized and ran a blood drive
65. Gone skydiving
66. Stood up for something I believed in
67. Called 911
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Been heartbroken
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Played competitive sports
72. Made a quilt
73. Cried myself to sleep
74. Driven a motorcycle
75. Been in an earthquake
76. Spoke to an audience of several hundred people
77. Broken a bone
78. Been ice skating
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Know, and love, women who fought breast cancer
81. Been to the temple
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Had braces
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Been on a police ride along
86. Visited the White House
87. Been to Sequoia and Yosemite
88. Had chickenpox
89. Rode on an elephant
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby with, and without, an epidural
95. Been to a professional sporting event
96. Lived in a small town
97. Had the wind knocked out of me
98. Fired a gun
99. Owned vinyl records, cassette tapes and a purple pager...I thought I was so cool!
100. Been stung by a bee

2 comments:

The King Family said...

What a cool idea. I learned a lot about you too, and I might just have to copy that on my blog. Miss you guys!

Freckles Phillips said...

I've only done 31 of those things! I'm jealous of some (like skydiving and kissing in the rain) and NOT of others (having a baby w/o epidural, evacuating house cuz of fire). Very cool idea Eden!