Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Our Family

Lincoln has been more interested in drawing and coloring over the last month than ever before. We've been quite impressed with his artwork recently.  Not that he is an extraordinary artist at this point of this three years of life but I'm impressed with is his ability to visualize things or people and then draw them.  I grew up drawing stick figures.  I love art. I'm just not that good at it. My grandfather was a brilliant painter. He drew and painted a ton of beautiful landscapes that hung around my moms house all through my childhood years. I hope my boys have that same ability.  Lincoln gives people bodies in his drawings.  That's more than I could/would do when I was young.  It's really fun to sit by him while he colors because there is always a story for the pictures that he draws.  He's very creative yet matter of fact.
The picture below is one he made last night.  He started with a picture of me. He told me that my hair is long (all over my head) and then daddy (who he drew next) came to rescue me and give me a hair cut.  Then my hair was short.  Then he drew himself and brother Logan.  He also drew a butterfly for Grandma Tutu.  After his picture was complete he said, "here is my picture mom.  It's my family."
(Should I be worried that my head is like 6 times the size of everyone else?)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like your head is about the same size as everyone elses', it's just that your halo is sooooo big! Love the family picture. So sweet and creative!

Freckles Phillips said...

I love that he's so into drawing now!